Between the end of one school year and the beginning of the next, all school-age youth are at risk for summer learning loss. Roughly two and a half months’ worth of math skills and two months of reading skills are lost during the summer. The most vulnerable youth suffering from the loss are those who cannot afford summer learning programs. Eighty-nine percent of the youth served by Big Buddy live in a household with a yearly income of less than $30,000/year. Affordable summer programs are not accessible to these families. The cumulative learning loss occurring summer after summer account for two-thirds of the income-based achievement gap by the start of high school. Low graduation rates are a threat to the economic development of our community.
The six-week Summer Enrichment program offered to underserved youth is designed to eliminate summer learning loss, thus closing the achievement gap.
Signature Sponsors will ensure that 20 youth have access to the academic, recreational and cultural activities offered during out-of-school time when opportunities for learning loss are the greatest.
- Volunteer role for Signature Sponsor representative to serve on event planning committee
- Logo/company name on official Summer Enrichment t-shirts worn by all participants during regular program, and specifically on weekly field trips and Fun Fridays; 500+ t-shirts distributed
- Speaking opportunity and/or check presentation at Parent Orientation held prior to the beginning of the program session
- Feature story in second quarter agency newsletter
- Promotional items distributed at Parent Orientation
- Logo/company name on all weekly summer newsletters; 500+ distribution
- Promotional items distributed to Star Dancers and Professional Partners (optional)
- Logo recognition on media screen
- 1 VIP Table at the event (premier seating, 10 seats)
- Option to purchase additional VIP table at $3,000
- 50 general admission tickets (balcony seating)
Media and Promotion
- Logo and listing as a Signature Sponsor in all TV, print and social media, directed by Big Buddy
- Full-page color ad in official program book
- Logo recognition page of program book
- Logo on Dancing for Big Buddy website with company link
- 100 votes for favorite Star Dancer
- 2 Line-up Party Invitations
- Table signage for VIP table at the event
Designate to Star Dancer